Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Workouts

Hey there! So this weekend I have been very good at my workouts AND my eating!!
Saturday: Cardio of 90 minutes--mixture of walking/running for 75 minutes and then 15 minutes on that damn crazy bike thing (see below)--when walking and running, I walked 10 minutes at 4 incline and 4.0 mph, then ran 2 miles at 6 mph, then would do run 5 minutes/walk three minutes, and then towards the end, changed my incline from 2-8 every 4 minutes to finish up to 75 minutes. And then that crazy mountain bike thing. Basically sooo sweaty!! I gauge my workouts by how much I sweat!!
Food intake Saturday:
Breakfast--Oatmeal--I eat this every morning with a dash of skim milk, cinnamon, and Splenda
Mid-morning snack: a banana
Lunch: Open faced turkey sandwhich on whole grain bread with avocado, tomato, ane lettuce
Post-workout snack: Berry Protein smoothie
Dinner: Salad with tomato, reduced fat cheese, salsa, black olives, 1/2 chicken breast, and onion
Evening snack: Tangerine
I added up all of the calories for the day: 1,300

SUNDAY!!
Workout: 75 mins of cardio basically mirroring the above workout, without the crazy bike thing that makes my butt muscles hurt. I did the treadmill for an hour, and then rode the normal bike for 15 minutes.
MEALS
Breakfast: Duh--oatmeal
Mid-morning snack: Banana and Starbucks regular roast with a little skim milk
Lunch: Open faced turkey sandwhich--basically the same thing as yesterday, except yesterday I ate it at a restaurant
Post-workout snack: Banana-peach protein smoothie

The rest of my meals will be updated shortly--when I eat them. I think it's funny because I didn't realize how redundant my meals have been the past two days!! I had the same lunch, except one was yesterday at work, and the other was today at home!! And I don't usually eat that many bananas, I just don't want them to go bad!!

Crazy! Writing it down makes you feel like you eat so much. But when I discussed with Corrine my calorie intake for weight loss for how much cardio I do, she suggested 1,750 calories on the days I workout! Thats about 450 extra calories I should have eaten yesterday, but I wasn't ever hungry!!

Holy cow--this losing weight thing is tough to figure out!! Thank god for the internet!!

1 comment:

P.O.M. said...

Redundant meals are ok. Especially when you are trying to lose. My "strict" diet mode is VERY redundant, but it's easy and convenient, so i stick with it.