Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Big Finale

I have said over and over that the Biggest Loser is seriously so motivating. Week after week I have watched these people lose all of this weight over and over while I am running on the treadmill at the gym. And week by week I watch those pounds drop off and I run harder and harder.

But tonight was different. Because I actually watched the whole finale. First at the gym, and next on my Tivo when I got home while cleaning and doing laundry and packing my suitcase. And if I thought it was motivating then, it is even more motivating now. In particular, I watched Hollie talk about how hard it was to keep trying and keep trying and never see results. And how hard it was for her to be far away from her family and come home every night and to only have herself. She had so much to overcome and has to do it by herself. There are so many people on this show who say that they do it for their family and how great their family is and how supportive. And I just really sympathized with her and how hard it probably was for her! I definately don't have any family who really lives here, and I moved here after college for a job and don't know many people, but at least I can talk to my mom EVERY single day about this struggle and my triumphs and goals. I just always thought Hollie was so crabby and such a
Debbie Downer. She never had a smile on her face and she always looked so pouty. The Hollie I saw last night, is a completely different person. One who loves herself and has learned so much about herself. It's not only a weight transformation; it's a whole person transformation. I absolutely cannot get over the change in her.

And that's what I want for myself. To look as happy as Hollie looked today.

Congrats to them all. Everyone looked absolutely GORGEOUS!!

No comments: